At WMUK Mobility, your trusted Weston Super Mare mobility shop, we understand the importance of providing mobility solutions that cater to the diverse needs of our customers. Powerchairs are a perfect example of how advanced technology can enhance the lives of individuals with limited mobility. In this blog post, we will take a quick dive into the world of powerchairs, exploring what they are, the features they typically possess, and the types of powerchairs available at WMUK Mobility.
What are Powerchairs?
Powerchairs, also known as electric wheelchairs, are motorised mobility devices designed to offer enhanced freedom and independence to individuals with limited mobility. Unlike traditional manual wheelchairs, powerchairs are equipped with electric motors, enabling users to move around effortlessly with just a touch of a joystick or control panel.
Features of Powerchairs
Some of the common features of powerchairs include:
- Electric Motors. The heart of any powerchair lies in its electric motors. These powerful motors drive the wheels, allowing the chair to move smoothly and efficiently.
- Joystick or Control Panel. Powerchairs are typically operated using a user-friendly joystick or control panel. This feature enables individuals with limited hand or arm mobility to operate the chair effortlessly.
- Compact and Portable Design. Many powerchairs, such as the Drive AutoFold Powerchair, come with a compact and foldable design, making them easy to transport and store.
- Articulating Drive Wheel Suspension. To ensure a comfortable and stable ride, powerchairs like the Quickie Tango are equipped with articulating drive wheel suspension, which adapts to different terrains.
- Maximum Speed and Range. Powerchairs have varying maximum speeds and ranges, allowing users to choose a model that suits their lifestyle and needs.
- Remote Attendant Control (RAC). The Monarch Mobility Ezi-Fold Pro electric wheelchair, for example, features a remote attendant control that allows the user to remotely call the powerchair and assists caregivers in maneuvering the chair in confined spaces.
Examples Of The Types of Powerchairs Available At WMUK Mobility
- The Quickie Tango powerchair, designed for both indoor and outdoor use, offering optimal stability with its rear-wheel-drive system. With powered tilt-in-space as standard, users can achieve a comfortable seating position and pressure redistribution easily.
- Drive AutoFold Powerchair. This powerchair features a remote control function that enables easy folding and unfolding with just a touch of a button. The modern design and compact size make it an ideal choice for transportation.
- The Monarch Mobility Ezi-Fold Pro powerchair, for example, is one of the lightest electric powerchairs from Monarch Mobility, thanks to its ultra-lightweight aluminum and magnesium alloy frame. The remote attendant control feature adds convenience and safety to the user and caregivers.
Why Choose WMUK Mobility for Your Powerchair?
At WMUK Mobility, we prioritise the well-being and independence of our customers. Our range of powerchairs for sale offers various features and capabilities to suit different needs and preferences. Our expert staff is available to assist you in selecting the most suitable powerchair for your specific requirements. We understand that powerchairs are a significant investment, and our commitment to exceptional customer service ensures that you make an informed decision when choosing the right powerchair to transform your mobility experience.
WMUK Mobility – Your Local Powerchair Shop
Powerchairs are a remarkable innovation that empowers individuals with limited mobility to reclaim their freedom and independence. At WMUK Mobility, we take pride in offering a comprehensive range of powerchairs designed to